Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Be Still My Beating Heart

So, I ran 6.2 miles today after 5 days off. Uh oh, what a difference a few days off makes. My endurance zone is 138-154 and today for 6.2 miles it was at about 148. Only the pace was 10:45 or something. Oooops.

Hopefully, it will drop with a few more days of running. Hoping to get a 12 miler in on Saturday with some friends. I'm still going to run Cleveland, just not sure what my plan is yet. I may shoot for the BQ and get it, or shoot for it and have a bodily yard sale. Or, I may just use it as a nice long training run.

6 comments:

  1. A bodily yard sale? Hmmmm, I don't know what I would buy if I came across a bodily yard sale, do they have those in Michigan. Your heart rate will come back (down that is) just don't sit there thinking about it - that never does any good....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks I hope it drops quickly. This taper is about 8 days longer-than-perfect for me. I'm doing 6 tomorrow, 6 Thursday. Friday offday and 12 Saturday. The marathon is 8 days after that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you going for the BQ? Waiting until race day to decide? Have a pace band yet? Let's disect...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would you just get your BQ and get it over with. Or are you waiting to age another year so you don't have to run so fast?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would say just don't worry about it until race day. And if you start and feel good near that pace during the first half, go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Mir. That is my plan. It should be interesting!

    ReplyDelete